Image is everything in your business. Customers make quick (mostly unconscious) decisions about your business’s appearance. If your employees look sloppy, that could be a sign of their work ethic too. A uniform, clean look sends an important message, but it does more than that...
Image is everything in your business. Customers make quick (mostly unconscious) decisions about your business’s appearance. If your employees look sloppy, that could be a sign of their work ethic too. A uniform, clean look sends an important message, but it does more than that. It builds teamwork, and it furthers your brand. And all you have to do is put on a shirt.
- Unity among your staff starts with appearance. Most companies have a dress code, but having custom embroidered shirts takes the guess-work out of your staff’s mind on whether they are dressing appropriately. And when your staff interacts with customers, they are presenting a unified front.
- Brand recognition is a key component of your company’s marketing. Your staff should embody the values and expectations of your company with every person they come in contact with; it makes sense that your company logo should be a part of that communication.
- The customer’s experience is an important one. When your team has a uniform look, customers know who to reach out when they are in your store or at an event: they know the people that can answer their questions. A uniform makes the customer’s experience easier.
- Developing a positive team atmosphere is important for overall morale. Employees want to feel connected to their work experience. Custom shirts reinforce a team atmosphere among your staff.
- Ongoing sales, even off the clock, is always working in your favor when your logo and company name are on your (and your employees’) shirts. Wearing a shirt of good quality with custom embroidery says something about you, and the quality of work that you provide. Never underestimate the importance of appearance, and how it can work in your favor.